Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Post 1

Reading on Web 2.0 and favorite web apps...

The most important idea from this article, in my opinion and in relation to my future career goals would have to be this idea of Photosynth and Infinite images. I am a huge fan of film and storytelling and am always interested in the future of such things. After reading about these platforms that can use sensory data and images to culminate into this new form of interaction, I immediately thought how it could be used to tell a story or entertain. It is exciting, the places we are going with all of this data. It is all there for the taking, all it requires is people with the drive, creativity, and/or ambition to use it in new and fun ways.

My favorite web app at the moment, and for quite some time actually is last.fm and all of the perks that come from using it. Music streaming to my tastes, scrobbling, a huge database of obscure music artists... I dj at KZUU here on campus and this thing is also really fun to use when searching for new bands to enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I think you're right in the sense that the future holds a lot of promise for the development of storytelling and entertainment. I feel like Tumblr is a really great platform for storytellers that already exists. It provides a place for people to tell stories through text, images, quotes, links, audio, video, etc. Personally, I find it more entertaining and fun to use than a blog because it provides you with several different ways to present your information. I think it will be interesting to see who/what the next storytelling platform will be! PS I love last.fm too! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested in the technology around imagery. I'm excited to see what the future brings as far as entertainment, it seems that we've come so far already. It'll be awesome to see new ways people can tell us a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I really like the last sentence of your first paragraph and totally agree with it. I also think how you want to take photosynth and and infinite images one step further and somehow make them into stories. I think it would be really cool to do something like that. I am not sure what last.fm is and will be sure to check it out and thats awesome that you are a DJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite app is flickr and i talked a little about it in my blog. I also think that the technology on imagery is amazing. Google is coming out with the google car that can basically drive itself with sensors, CRAZZZZYYYY. I never herd of last.fm but im going to see what the buzz is about

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much data, so little time! I agree with you that the idea of infinite images is a really important idea from the article. After hearing you talk about Last.fm I have been meaning to check it out. I love music and am always looking for new ways to get and find new music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, cool, so now I want to know how this might be done: "After reading about these platforms that can use sensory data and images to culminate into this new form of interaction, I immediately thought how it could be used to tell a story or entertain." I wonder what kind of possibilities are out there that I'm not even imagining (probably a heck of a lot). Good post overall. Next time just work to make a few more nods at the reading so that I can tell for certain that you did it. For now though, good job.

    ReplyDelete